Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Case of the Missing Hotdogs

I watched my nephew, Trey, last weekend. While putting together another gourmet meal (corndog muffins), I went to add the hotdogs (yes, I use a recipe that calls for hotdogs) and noticed 2 of the hotdogs were missing from the countertop. I peeked into the playroom to find this:



That is Sam and Trey, dressed in their diapers alone, very happily eating cold hotdogs. I'm not sure I should be admitting to this style of parenting (or babysitting, for that matter), but I'm fairly confident that less than 5 people will actually read this.

Oh, and for the record, my corndog muffins were delicious. They taste exactly like Pronto Pups. Sask, tell Molly I not only use recipes that call for KETCHUP, but also those that call for HOTDOGS. The recipe for the cornbread is below, just make the batter, pour into muffin pan, and add 1/3 HOTDOG to each muffin cup. Gourmet? No. Delish? Oh, yes.

World’s Best Honey Cornbread
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 1/3 cups milk
2 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream sugar and butter. Add in eggs, honey and milk and mix well.
Mix together flour, baking powder, corn meal and salt. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients carefully. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
Pour batter in greased 11×14-inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

This recipe was found here: http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/01/worlds-best-honey-cornbread-recipe.html© Copyright 2011 Money Saving Mom®. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Maria the Great said...

yummers. im all over it

SDK said...

Trouble. Both of them. But so cute doing it. Ketchup AND hot dogs in a recipe? Girl please, it sounds like heaven.