Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gabbies Granola Goodness

OK, so it's really Carrie's recipe, but I couldn't resist the triple alliteration in the title. Plus, Gabbie did make it at our house for us first, so Gabbie's it is. My kids gobbled this down like...well, certainly like nothing else containing walnuts, sunflower seeds, and milled flax seeds. They loved it and I didn't even have to add chocolate chips.

2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup nuts
Whatever else - I did 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and 1/4 ish cup milled flax seeds

Melt first 4 ingredients together in saucepan. In separate bowl, mix rest. Add wet mixture to dry and mix. Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 min. The longer, the crunchier!



2 comments:

Maria the Great said...

totally trying this one! anything you say is great, certainly must be, cuz you are great!

Carley Hwang said...

You are such an encouragement to me! And did you comment on my Why I'm Blogging entry? It was on for like 39 seconds and I saw a comment from you. Was that a mistake ? I don't see how that was possible...anyway, that I'd meant for a new blog I'm going to try...